Arion Smart Arena™ Layers
Eliminate the need for sprinklers and manual watering.
1. A liner is laid over the native soil or a compacted base.
2. A pipe array is installed over the liner and connected to the water source and smart controls.
3. The liner and pipes are covered with sand.
4. A separation cloth or OTTO Sport Base Mats are placed over the sand.
5. Footing mixture is installed on the top.
The Arion Smart Arena™ is the most efficient water-saving equestrian arena base system available. Drastically lowering water usage, Arion conserves up to 75% of water compared with overhead watering systems.
All Weather Arena = Ride in Any Weather
How the Arion Smart Arena™ works
Water flows in from a pipe system underground and wicks to the surface; water also drains out to keep the surface at the perfect hydration.
A. Water Storage
Water is stored within a sand layer (water storage layer) underneath the footing. A waterproof pan liner keeps it all contained.
Water flows through a pipe array into the water storage layer. The process of evaporation wicks water up to the surface keeping the footing perfectly hydrated at all times.
B. Automated Smart Controls
Water level is monitored through a sensor that connects to a programable controller. The controller operates a fill valve to bring water in as well as pumps to move water out after rainfall. Arion can connect to the internet for remote diagnostics, service fault alerts, and software updates.
Benefits of the Arion Smart Arena™ Control Cabinet:
- Made in the USA
- Parts and supplies are readily available
- Uses 110v, eliminating electrical shortages and incompatible European circuits with US wiring
- Contains 2 levels of surge protection
- Wifi enabled – login from any location to diagnose, drain or fill system
C. Water Flows In
As moisture evaporates from the footing, water stored under the footing wicks up through the surface. Arion will add more water as needed, via the pipe array, to keep the footing at the perfect moisture level from sunup to sundown without interruption.
D. Water Drains Out
Pumps can evacuate excess water quickly during heavy rainfall. Arion can drain water at up to 18,000 gallons or 4 inches per hour.